Sense builds products that allow users to hedge interest rate volatility and express views about future interest rates and protocol risk. Our main product, the Sense Protocol, will be the next piece of permissive DeFi infrastructure, enabling the creation of fixed income instruments and yield curves across the universe of yield generating activity.
Join our world-class team, backed by a diverse set of investors and mentors, including Dragonfly, Bain Capital Ventures, Variant, Nascent, Robot, theLAO, CollabCurrency, Jai Bhavnani of Rari, Noah Zinsmeister of Uniswap, DeFi Dad, and Tom Walton-Pocock.
Together, we’ll embark on a mission to bridge fixed income to DeFi and build a more equitable financial system.
We are looking for a bold, curious engineer with high standards to help us create the smart contracts for Sense. As one of the first hires, you will work directly with the founders (Josh & Kenton) to develop the Sense Protocol. You will be responsible for ensuring consistent, high-quality codebases, technical specifications, deployment scripts, and more.
Visit our Hiring Page for more information about Sense and our culture.
- Participate in technical specification design, technical roadmap, and implementation of the Sense Protocol
- Create deployment scripts to enable tests, protocol configuration presets, and production deployments
- Work with auditors to ensure the quality and safety of the protocol
- Help shape the direction of systems design by defining high-level architecture, principles, and standards within DeFi
- Design processes for managing the security of the core Protocol and related applications
- Perform and assist engineers through code reviews, acceptance testing, bug fixing, and general support
- 1+ years experience with Solidity development
- Experience with a development suite, such as Hardhat, Dapp, Brownie or Truffle
- Experience with contract libraries, such as Dappsys and OpenZeppelin
- A deep understanding of blockchain fundamentals, common vulnerabilities, and the EVM
- Know when to create abstractions vs. one-off methods
- An awareness of different products and services that large DeFi projects like Uniswap and Maker are offering, and how they are implemented in terms of business logic, technology, systems, and software architecture
- A desire to keep up with emerging trends in the Ethereum and blockchain technology space
- Comfortable bridging the strategic objectives of the organization with internal engineering practices
- Native-level fluency in English (spoken and written)
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with the optimistic rollups, ZK rollups, and L2 bridges
- An understanding of how smart contract data is consumed by frontends
- Experience writing smart contracts in languages other than Solidity as well (Rust, Vyper, etc)
- Degree in math or computer science
- Experience implementing complex math in Solidity
Sense Finance is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.