Profile on Cryptocurrency Jobs London: Elliptic
Elliptic make cryptocurrency transaction activity more transparent and accountable.
Cryptocurrency exchanges, major financial institutions, and government agencies rely on our anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and forensic and investigative services to analyze millions of dollars in transactions every month.
Our best-in-class team of data scientists, forensic investigators, and crypto-technologists focus on the following areas, setting the standard in detecting and investigating cryptocurrency-enabled crimes.
Cryptocurrency Jobs London: Elliptic
Cryptocurrency Market Researcher
At Elliptic, we believe crypto will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for crypto to flourish, it’s important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our clients include the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies. Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of crypto capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data.
We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies. The company has offices in London, UK, Washington, D.C and New York City. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
What’s the role?
The quality of our data is at the heart of our business and maintaining a product platform built on superior data sets us apart from our competition. The Cryptocurrency Market Researcher will work within the larger Data Team to help build out the quantity of our dataset without sacrificing quality. The Cryptocurrency Market Researcher’s role is to continuously build out our data set and to remain in tune with market trends and ahead of the curve in terms of threat actor behavior. We are looking for someone who is knowledgeable about data collection, and the cryptocurrency landscape and who is passionate about working within a dynamic and creative team space to pioneer a cutting edge product.
What you’ll do!
• Follow and stay ahead of the curve in terms of growing cryptomarket trends, including new types of exchanges and coin offerings • Turn your knowledge of the cryptocurrency markets into actionable intelligence, insights, and a pipeline
• Analyse and interpret cryptocurrency usage behaviours and trends on the clear and dark web
• Work with data scientists to identify new data patterns and research opportunities • Collaborate across the Data Analyst Team • Identify relevant data feeds • Develop scrapers and partnerships to acquire unique data feeds of cryptocurrency usage Requirements
• 2+ years of work experience in an Analyst role • Background in Economics, Finance, Business, Intelligence, and/or Mathematics • Excellent data analysis skills, including advanced spreadsheet expertise
• Experience with managing large, unstructured datasets
• Knowledge and understanding of the cryptocurrency market, who the major players are and what the next trends will be
• A passion for research and uncovering the unknown about cryptocurrency actors and threats • Being a self-starter and a self-directed team player who is well-versed the domains of agile processes and continuous improvement
• Proactively following and contributing understanding of the cryptocurrency landscape and conducting research on the latest trends • Appetite for discussions about economics, money, identity and privacy
• Experience in web scraping Bonus points for: • Russian, Chinese, or Arabic language skills, particularly reading and writing
• Ability to multitask while in a fast fast environment while still operating with a high level of attention to detail
• Experience with programming or scripting languages such as Python, SQL, or R
• Good verbal & written communication skills Benefits
• Share options
• Private health insurance
• Work pension scheme
• Shiny laptop and multiple monitors
• Budget for training materials, events, and conferences • Quarterly full day offsites • Annual company 3 day offsite • Coffee and beer
APPLY ON ANGEL LIST
This Cryptocurrency Jobs London Role was posted in August 2019