Director of Brand Strategy at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role
Do you obsess about communities and stories that sit at the intersection of tech and culture? We at Kraken are building a world class brand marketing organization and are looking for people who understand how to build community and brand reputation in compelling, creative and innovative ways. We believe the future is paved by crypto and it will have creativity and culture at the center.
Who You Are
We are looking for a Global Director for our Brand Strategy efforts who is able to own and drive the brand architecture, foundation, tone, voice and go to market strategies for Kraken and its entire product portfolio. The leader will build a global brand strategy team that will continue to evolve the core brand foundation for the master brand along with defining the purpose and vision for new product launches, working very closely with Brand Marketing, Product Marketing, Creative and other marketing functions. The leader is someone who understands how to take insights into narrative and is truly passionate about connecting people through storytelling and activation. You will be the consumer’s voice and advocate across the organization.
You are always curious and understand how to build complex marketing programs that connect the Kraken community in creative ways. You are a leader that can adapt to your situation and will always be there for your team. We focus on quality in our storytelling and we are thoughtful and calculated with our big bets.
Finally, we aim to have fun.
NOTE: This is a fully remote role.
What You’ll Be Doing
◦ Orchestrate sophisticated marketing plans across global audiences and lead geographic brand team efforts.
◦ Set brand narratives across 1 year annual plans and coordinate brand campaigns.
◦ Work with other key brand marketing leaders in partnerships, research, media and operations to orchestrate full brand initiatives.
◦ Make data-driven decisions when framing hypotheses, determining product-market fit, evaluating campaign performance, and setting
◦ Create and lead purpose marketing efforts to ensure Kraken is a best in class organization that wants to ensure the future is a bright and inclusive one.
◦ Lead key geographic brand teams and guide them to be best in class across their regions and cities.
◦ Manage large scale, sophisticated media budgets
◦ Take a diplomatic leadership approach to involve stakeholders early and get cross-functional work done; be a proactive leader and decision-maker
◦ Create and share intel on competing products and marketing; summarize what is working well and what is not and how we will differentiate ourselves
◦ Be an owner: step up and take the lead on challenging, ambiguous work
◦ Be on the forefront of culture and innovation in marketing
◦ Understand the full marketing mix across paid, owned and earned and when to pull various marketing channels (events, digital, social, tv, podcast, innovation).
◦ You have 12+ years of previous experience in brand strategy
◦ You’re a concise speaker, storyteller, and writer: you can slice, dice, and distill a narrative from a complex data set into an executive summary
◦ You have built and led sophisticated, matrixed teams that are distributed globally.
◦ You have a solid pulse on what is relevant in culture and can understand how to incorporate into an overall marketing plan
◦ You understand persona work and how to grow a brand through strategic planning
Nice to Have
◦ Previous crypto experience not required but certainly a plus!
◦ Geo-specific, global client experience in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, EMEA, or Latin America
◦ You’ve got a couple of moonshot ideas for transforming marketing in crypto
◦ You’ve got an ease about you: you address urgency head-on and handle difficult, ambiguous situations with a clear, cool head and an open mind
EU #US #LI-AG1 #CANADA
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.