Dev Team Lead (Partner Position) 1

Dev Team Lead (Partner Position)

Dev Team Lead (Partner Position)

Contact our Partner – Prism

DevOps Team Lead | Linux, Bash, Ansible | SaaS Marketing Platform

I am looking for an experienced DevOps Team Lead who is ready to take the next leap in their career by joining a leading marketing automation vendor that is disrupting the marketplace with its own SaaS marketing platform. With over 150 staff operating across 4 sites, my client is now looking to continue its unprecedented growth by hiring several roles across the UK.

This role will be 60% or maybe 70% team lead/management with the other 40/30% being tech hands-on. The leadership/man management piece is what is most essential. The leadership duties will also encompass the DevOps cultural piece in bridging the 5 different technical teams together and encouraging collaboration across the 50 circa tech personnel.

You will be joining the DevOps team working alongside a 30-person onshore & offshore team developing and engineering SaaS applications, whilst also contributing to the day-to-day operations of the live environment.

This is a remote-first role! Our client also has fantastic offices in Brighton which you are welcome to work from as often as you like! You must live within a 1.5-hour commute to central Maidenhead, as hands-on troubleshooting will be necessary for the client’s 70 physical servers hosted in a data centre there. Travel here will be an absolute maximum of three or four times a month and it will mainly be much less, if at all.

The client uses Ansible extensively to automate repetitive and cumbersome tasks whilst also deploying tools such as Docker for developing and running applications. The client has a Linux OS, so Bash scripting skills will be crucial for this role.

This is a great opportunity to step up into a management/team lead role.

Core abilities required (70% of your duties):

  • Previous team leadership/management skills
  • Owning the DevOps ‘cultural piece’ i.e. bridging different technical teams together and encouraging collaboration between IT and non IT departments
  • Working with UK and European team members

Tech stack (30% of your duties):

  • Linux Sys Admin – core commercial experience in a production environment in any flavour – ESSENTIAL
  • Bash Scripting
  • Ansible – very nice to have

Skills you will utilise in this role:

  • Docker
  • Kubernetes
  • OpenStack
  • Elastic Search
  • Golang
  • Linux – our client is running Ubuntu
  • LAMP stack – PHP 7.4, 2TB MySQL DBs
  • Rabbit MQ

Cool stuff you will gain exposure to:

  • Microservices
  • Kubernetes
  • Jenkins
  • Python


  • Up to 10% yearly bonus (12% paid last year though!)
  • Remote first role
  • Pension scheme
  • Healthcare
  • Charity days off

DevOps Team Lead | Linux, Bash, Ansible | SaaS Marketing Platform

Job reference: #10589