Data Scientist Recruiter: Great opp at Lloyds going now in London
End Date Friday 13 December 2019
Salary Range £45,423 – £50,470
We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
You might not know that Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s leading digital bank and its biggest mobile bank – with a market-topping app and nearly 14 million active online customers.
We’re embarking on a three year, £3bn, transformation programme – putting unprecedented levels of investment into our platforms, people and data capabilities to build the bank of the future.
And with over 30m customers we’re looking to harness the data we hold to ensure we become the best Bank for customers through our products and Services…and also help us fight crime.
Could you help us make it possible?…
Joining our Fraud & Auth Lab as a Data Scientist and you’ll see how a leading FinTech fights sophisticated fraud strategies whilst ensuring continuity of the service our Digital channel customers expect.
You’re going after the bad guys: the hackers, the social engineering con-artists and money mules..
And here’s how:
- You’d be using your skills in Python to update and maintain our machine learning libraries underpinning our fraud and security controls.
- You’ll work with new technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Cloud, data streaming etc.), toolsets and techniques to embed the latest solutions into our products.
- Your skills will in time be utilised within wider Security and Fraud areas with exposure to even wider technologies and learning.
- Ultimately you’ll get to identifying innovative solutions within machine learning and using statistical analysis to detect and prevent fraud against our customers and the bank.
It’s a phenomenal environment for interesting machine learning because:
- There’s an abundance of meaningful, complex data for you to get stuck into.
- You also have very well-defined success metrics (detection rate and alert rate).
- You can put a model in production and see a tangible drop in fraud the next day…protecting real people from real crooks.
Your input will help our fraud detection systems to become ever more sophisticated through improved accuracy i.e. less intervening with sincere customer transactions.
Can you see why ‘the job’ excites our Data Scientists and keeps their interest? and at the same time you’re learning, developing and growing as you glean knowledge and wider expertise from your colleagues and industry wizards.
The team want to know more about you if you’re:
- Possessing an appropriate educational background in a numerical or computing-based subject.
- Using Python practically in real world business applications.
- Understanding and practically applying Machine Learning techniques within a commercial/industrial context.
- Exhibiting a natural flair for statistical analysis and innovating in their use and application.
And wider skills you possess in any of these technologies would be useful, but aren’t as critical as your proficiency in Python:
- Splunk or Tableau
- Spark, Hadoop, HiveQL
- Previous exposure to MLlib, Scikit-Learn etc.
- Working with cloud based solutions such as AWS or Azure
- Wider programming proficiency in Java or R
What would you get in return?
In an opportunity offering you both funding and profile – you’ll benefit from a diverse, energising and informal environment that focuses on real career progression opportunities as we rapidly expand our applied sciences capabilities in data, cognitive and AI.
You’ll also find we’re also big on equal opportunity, ensuring our people represent the communities we serve and winning numerous awards to back up this dedication.
You’ll also receive a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A Performance Share bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (or take as cash).
- Private health cover
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Share schemes
- Colleague products and discounted shopping opportunities
So if your Data Science expertise centres around Python and joining our growing, state of the art team to fight crime appeals then get in touch, we’d love to hear from you…
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.With us you’ll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you’ll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We’re focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
What a great opp! Keep track of our Data Scientist Recruiter section for more roles being highlighted