Data Scientist job description template to help you post fast
This job description template will help you quickly place your online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customise for your startup or organisation company.
- Undertaking structured and unstructured stats collection, pre-processing and analysis
- Building models to resolve business challenges
- Presenting information using visualisation
- Unification of unstructured sources into one schema for analysis
We are looking for an experienced team member to analyse medium to large amounts of raw information from separated sources both internal and pubic domain to find patterns that will help improve our performance.
You will be responsible for building products to extract valuable business insights.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a ability to present results and your recommendations to management as well as having analysis, maths and statistics skills.
Your goal is to help our company analyse trends to make better business decisions.
- Identify valuable sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured stats
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through modeling
- Present information using visualisation techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of relevant language such as R, SQL and Python.
- Nice to have would be Scala, Java or C++
- Experience using business intelligence tools such as Tableau) and data frameworks (if applicable – Hadoop)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong maths skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Preferable: BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field. (WARNING – Strong development skills trumps this)