Blockchain Jobs London – Clearmatics Infrastructure Support Engineer
Clearmatics – Front End Engineer
Clearmatics is a B2B fintech startup that designs, develops and operates member-owned and member-governed digital cash settlement systems.
Founded in 2015 as a London-based Ethereum R&D company, their mission is to reform market infrastructure by disrupting the common denominator across almost every market: cash settlement in fiat currency.
Clrearmatics are committed advocates of Open Source development and are active participants in the Web3 community. We have close ties to Ethereum Foundation and the Company is a founding member of the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance and are scaling rapidly and looking to hire an Infrastructure Support Engineer to join our Infrastructure Systems Operations team.
The Infrastructure Support Engineer will become a key member of Clearmatics newly formed Infrastructure Systems Operations team. You will provide 1st / 2nd line operational support for our production applications and systems, following ITIL best practices for Incident, Change and Problem Management to ensure that our critical infrastructure remains secure, resilient and operational at all times. You will work closely with our Product Owners, DevOps and Engineering teams to investigate and resolve operational incidents identified by our monitoring infrastructure, customers/partners and internal stakeholders.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Providing 1st / 2nd Line production support to external customers/partners and internal stakeholders
- Escalating critical Incidents to internal 3rd Line support engineers
- Triaging all Incidents/Changes/Service Requests logged within Clearmatics ITSM system
- Ensuring that all Incidents/Changes/Service Requests are resolved within the defined SLA’s
- Proactively managing and troubleshooting incidents to resolution, preventing reoccurrence
- Utilising monitoring, logging & alerting tools to proactively monitor the health of the Production environment
- Implementing documented ITIL processes including Incident, Change, and Problem Management
- Monitoring scheduled backups and taking the appropriate action to remediate any reported failures
- Working collaboratively with DevOps and Engineering teams
- Creating and maintaining platform support documentation
- Participating in a 24×7 support rota (medium-term)
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong Linux System Administration skills
- Hands-on experience of AWS or GCP – and ideally other Linux based Cloud services – e.g. OpenShift
- Experience in day-to-day operations of critical production infrastructure 24/7/365
- Good understanding of Docker and containerisation
- Good understanding of Kubernetes
- Good understanding of cybersecurity best practice – particularly in cloud context running critical infrastructure
- Experience with monitoring and alerting products within a cloud environment
- Previous experience supporting 24/7 environment
- Previous experience supporting within a mission-critical, high-availability, high transaction environment
- Experience operating ITIL or ITSM processes within a highly regulated environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- A collaborative attitude and enthusiasm for being part of a team
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment
- A self-starter who knows how to commit and deliver
Desirable Skills & Experience
- The ability to be flexible and pragmatic with technology decisions
- An understanding of product-focussed software development i.e.principles such as minimum viable product
- Independence and self-motivation while still being able to work with others collaboratively
- Desire to always improve and learn new things, and share this knowledge with the team
- Interest in blockchain technology
What we value at Clearmatics:
- Collaboration and respect
- Honesty & Humility
- Ability to challenge opinions with logic and evidence
- Willingness to work hard and solve hard problems
- Passion for distributed technology, cryptography, and their implications for society
- Continuous improvement and learning.
If you’d like to make significant contributions to the blockchain ecosystem and think you are a match, then we’d like to hear from you.
Clearmatics – Hot blockchain jobs london
- Central London location in bright, spacious offices.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working and possibility to work remotely.
- Relocation assistance.
- Company pension.
- Hardware budget to give our developers the best equipment.
- Professional development – annual individual Learning & Development budget.
- Monthly Friday company meeting with pizza and beers.
- “Show and Tell” sessions – knowledge sharing across teams.
- Great kitchen filled with your favourite British specialties.
- Joining a fast-growing, game-changing, FinTech company.