Blockchain Jobs London – Consensys Technical Lead
ConsenSys is the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in a complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, infrastructure and more. To accomplish this we’ve built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
Are you passionate about decentralizing our future and taking control of how we evolve? Then join us! We are seeking passionate, determined and resilient individuals who thrive in a self-directed, collaborative culture. Our technology is transforming global society and humanity – we welcome you to this exciting opportunity.
About ConsenSys Sales and Services
ConsenSys Sales and Service Is our Enterprise sales, consulting and services unit that provides strategic advisory, ideation and use case designing, and new venture and platform development services to enterprise and government clients – helping them discover, explore and develop blockchain solutions. Our teams have led some of the most innovative blockchain production implementations in the world.
We are busy building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security and infrastructure, and more. We help governments and enterprises deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done across complex networks of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
About the role:
As Technical Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Lead a team building core web applications and innovative smart contracts
- Actively participate in the design and review of the codebase and development
- Leading the team by example by writing excellent code
- Own the technical feasibility of the platform at all levels of the stack as it scales
- Recruit and develop talented engineers who form strong teams capable of learning and innovating
- Own the timeliness and quality of the code that ships
- 8+ years of engineering experience, preferably in scaling consumer apps
- 4+ years of experience managing engineering teams with a proven history of shipping code
- Experience with (some) elements of blockchain, cloud computing, virtual machines, distributed computing, parallelization and cryptography
- Estimate, prioritize and plan testing activities
- Ability to write clearly on technical topics
Bonus points for:
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Experience with Kafka or other message brokers
- Experience or at least, understanding of Blockchain technologies, especially Ethereum
- Experience with a larger backend stack especially Golang or Java
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS
- Relevant degree(s) in Computer Science or related fields
- Ability to analyze security on large scale systems
Other skills to demonstrate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organisation
- Willingness to constantly learn & improve, challenging yourself to stay at the top of your game
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. Work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, team leads at leading tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that the next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society. We believe that there is an opportunity to bring the remaining 2 billion unbanked people into the global economy and to radically transform our society for the enrichment of humankind
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game
A few important things to know
- Some travel could be required. Projects can be on client sites, so our team members need to be flexible and up for travel. We do our best to take people’s personal situations into account, but we know it’s not for everyone
- Project work at client’s office locations could be required (on average 50%, but can vary between 0% and 100% depending on projects)
If you found this post useful we recommend you check out our Blockchain Jobs London for all the latest roles